Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekly Update

I couldn't post any blogs from home this past weekend bc my DSL went down Thursday & they were supposed to come out Friday to fix it, but they never did. Supposedly, they'll come today to fix it, but we'll see.

Screenwriting: I'm spending every day at work either writing or going back over my research and gathering better info. Because my thriller is based a lot on police work, I really feel like I have to spend time getting that right. I think this is what went wrong with the first time I tried to write it.

Weight Loss: Lost 1 pound. Happy that I didn't gain, but. . . Sometimes I feel like I'm just not meant to be thin. I know, I know. I don't really believe it. I just wish there were an easy excuse.

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 172.5 lbs.
BMI: 30.6 %

7 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

But are you focused on measurements? Really, the tape measure is better than the scale. Take your waist, hips and bust measurements and track those. It matters more that you lose inches than weight (I mean weight matters, but inches are a better determination of fat loss as opposed to water weight loss/gain).

Keep with it. Are you keeping a food diary? That helped me when I was very much on diet. And what are you doing for exercise? If you aren't a typical athletic type, I recommend yoga or pilates. Gets you moving without making you want to pass out after 5 minutes.

8:42 PM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

I've never taken my measurements. Never thought of it. kind of a scary thought, though.

no, no food diary. I'm not much of a cook. I mean, I can follow a recipe, but winging things on my own is not a forte. I've been relying on eating mostly chicken breats or fish steaks during the workday & then a huge salad at night. Occasionally, I'll have an Atkins granola bar or an omelet for breakfast. But I never go over 20 net carbs.

I haven't been exercising very much either. When I did the Slim Fast diet early on, I exercised 2-3 hours a day. But now, that time is replaced with screenwriting & overtime at work. However, I just rejoined the YMCA this week & I plan on going before & after work. In fact, I have my stuff with me to start today. So, hopefully, that will help. I'm actually a pretty athletic person. Even though I've always been fat, I love sports, especially tennis. If I could find a tennis partner, I would play all the time.

7:40 AM  
Blogger The Moviequill said...

look for The Writer's Complete Crime Reference by Martin Roth, I used it for a cop story, good reference stuff in there

11:27 AM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

hey, thanks, moviequill. It's available at my local library.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Grubber said...

35% BMI..got you beat at present TN! ;-)

doctor getting all angry on my ass to lose some. I don't look heaps overweight, but have high BP, so have to get it down. ;-)

Best of luck! I think Shawna is onto a good thing with measurement over actual weight.
cheers
Dave.

12:11 AM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

thanks, dave. & I love the shades.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Grubber said...

I always loved Snoopys Joe Cool, and when I saw this picture, I thought it was the closest Aussie comparison.....Kool Koala....he gets to look cool, unlike me ;-)

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home