Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Weekly Update

Screenwriting: As per previous post of "Starting Over, Again" I'm turning one of my short stories into a short screenplay. I'll be working on that right now. I'm adding a progress bar to the right & I'll start shading it in as soon as I start writing the actual scenes. That may take a while since I plan on taking plenty of time to go over each scene by index card & make sure I know how to lay it all out.

Weight Loss: I only lost 2.5 lbs. this week. Is that normal? To go from losing 10 lbs the 1st week & then only 2.5 lbs the next? (I accidentally started drinking diet pepsi for a few days before I realized I'm not supposed to have caffeine. Was that the problem? I think I'll email Atkins today.) I'm still going to go through with all of the phases anyway. & I've also decided that induction will last as long as it takes to get me down to the "normal" BMI scale, which starts at 140 lbs for me.

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 174.5 lbs.
BMI: 30.9% (yep, still obese, but I'm working on it.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

the caffeine might have contributed, but I find it unlikely. You will have significant drops and plateaus. Try to only weigh yourself once a week and pay more attention to your waist, hips, bust measurements than just your weight. Just don't fall off the wagon!

8:26 PM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

thanks, shawna! I got the email back from Atkins & they said the caffeine wasn't the problem (although caffeine tends to make your body crave carbs), it's the fact that I lost so much the first week.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home