Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hazzard's Got Nuthin' on Us

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Well, the ongoing March watch didn't make the national newsline, but thank god for crazy rednecks and their fugitive husbands.

I told my family just a couple of days ago that I was planning on moving out to L.A. sometime next year to pursue a screenwriting career. My father doesn't think it's a good idea. He's afraid something might happen to me there. I think he's right. Maybe I'll move to Kingston/Hendersonville & become a security guard instead.

7 Comments:

Blogger John Donald Carlucci said...

Something might happen to you - you sell a script :)

JDC

2:53 PM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

too sweet, JDC. ;)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous The Constipated Writer said...

I'll see you out there as 'something' happens to us :)

5:27 PM  
Blogger The Moviequill said...

the hardest thing to do is NOT listen to family and friends when making life altering decisions.. we have discussed this move to La La Land as well

6:22 AM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

CW, lol. that "something" can happen anywhere, can't it?

Moviequill, it was only my father who said don't go. & after he knew I was going whether he wanted me to or not, he suggested my mom and he move out with me. Of course, my mom wants me to live with them until I'm married (she is Korean). & she has no problem with moving to L.A. They even have friends there. ;)

my sister said, "Why not?"

my fam's very supportive.

6:32 AM  
Blogger John Donald Carlucci said...

Lucky you, you'll need a support network out there and family is a good one.

JDC

7:45 PM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

thanks, JDC. I'm not the kind of person to confide in my fam too much (since they get so worried about everything), but knowing they're there if I need them will be a big help. I also plan to keep up with the blog when I go. The scribosphere (even when we get into tiffs) is a great place to find that support network. You guys are the best example!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home