Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Weekly Update

Screenwriting: I've hit a snag. Actually, I hit the snag Thursday & I was too busy Thursday and Friday to really sit down & think about it. But the weekend's here & I'm giving up some time with my fam to hash this out. I'm not going to post about it specifically yet, not until I find a way out, hopefully.

Weight Loss: I LOST 10 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had heard from a friend that the first week he lost 7 lbs; so I was counting on at least 5. But 10 is really excellent. I have no thoughts of giving up this diet anytime soon. There is a big difference between Atkins & 6 week, however. On Atkins, you have to count your veggies, too. They do have carbs & you are not supposed to go over 20 net carbs in a day (thanks, shawna). So I've been watching my veggie intake, too, & reserving salads for dinner. Also, since I have so far to go, I think I may take induction for at least 2 more weeks (as long as I don't get bored with the regimen).

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 177
BMI: 31.4% (still obese, people. still yuck)

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

Way to go! I did Atkins last year and lost 30 pounds. I'm actually going to go back to Induction because I've put on a couple of pounds that just need to go away.

Your carb intake should be 20 net grams a DAY, not a week. You'll do yourself some harm if you don't get a few in there.

9:39 AM  
Blogger The Moviequill said...

the wife and I counted points with Weight Watchers and dumped 60lbs in one year..way to go man

5:37 PM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

Whoops! I meant a week. Sorry for the typo; I'm fixing it right now. (I eat a salad and take a multi-vitamin every day, so don't worry about me) Thanks for the encouragement, you guys.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Matt Reynolds said...

Keep it up man and good luck with reaching your target

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home