Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Oh, How Naive We Baby Writers Can Be

Wow, I always knew I was not a computer whiz, but, man, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to code. I tried to take an hour each of the last couple of nights to sit down & figure out those progress bars, but, alas, I cannot. I'm in the middle of moving back in with my parents this weekend, so I should be able to sit down Sun night & get them on this site.

[FYI, I do have a job & can pay my own bills, but I want to pay off my credit cards by February. I'm estimating at 5 pgs per day, 6 days per week, I can complete a (really horrible) first draft screenplay in 4 weeks, or 1 month. I've also factored in 1 day for a solid workable outline (2 pgs), 5 days for a treatment (~20 pgs), 1 week break before looking at the completed first draft (to create some distance & during which a writer friend of mine is going to read it), 1 week to go over his notes & my own & change my treatment, 3 weeks to write a second draft, and, if it's passes my non-inducing-vomit test, post it here. Timeline of approx. 2 1/2 months. So, hopefully, by February, I'll have 3 specs/writing samples finished to choose from to query around LA. I've heard it's nearly impossible to get an unsolicited screenplay to an agent/producer, but it's the only shot I have from here. Of course, if I'm way off in la-la land & think I'm actually good enough to make the move, I'll gather up my trash bag full of K-mart clothes & take the next bus out.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home