Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

So, luckily, I work for a company where I have a lot of downtime during the day (usually). Today, instead of writing, I decided to tackle those progress bars again because it was bugging me so much. Turns out, I was just missing one thing. In David's post, he has the code for the border as follows:

.prog-border {
height: 15px;
width: 205px;
background: #fff;
border: 1px solid silver;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}



& the code for the bar as follows:

.prog-bar {
height: 11px;
margin: 2px;
padding: 0;
background: #C9DDEC;
}



But I found that I had to add "div" to make it work on this site (I also changed the width & the color for the bar). I placed this into my code right at the end of the "/* Typography :: Sidebar" section. :

div.prog-border {
height: 15px;
width: 150px;
background: #fff;
border: 1px solid silver;
margin: 0; padding: 0;
}
div.prog-bar {
height: 11px;
margin: 2px;
padding: 0;
background: #00F040;
}



Then, once I added David's code to sync the two together in the "!-- Begin #sidebar :: left column :: blog archives, links --> " section, it worked perfectly the way he had it (just changing the #% to refect my "progress").

Obviously, those who are much better at this than I am already knew how to fix my problem. But I thought I'd post it just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home