Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Comments, Visitors, Links? WTF? Am I Just Rambling?

Hey, my first blogger comment. I can't believe it. Thanks, moviequill.

Cojones refuses to comment. She says there are too many horrible bloggers out there already & commenting on even a decent blog encourages the bad ones. (I'm pretty sure I shouldn't take this as an insult, but you never know with Cojones.)

Anyway, I know I've had other visitors bc of the counter, but I still pretty much feel like I'm talking to myself on this blog. & that's ok. I'm not not going to be offering anyone advice on screenwriting; anything I could say would be just a regurgitation of what I read on other sites, written by people who are actually have a career in screenwriting or are about to. (& if you don't know where they are, click on a link.)

Also, I do read many more blogs than I have links to, I just can't decide who to link & who not to. I don't comment very often, compared to how many I read. Maybe I should link to the ones I check every day? But if you're reading my blog, I'm sure you came from somewhere along the scribosphere & already know the blogs you love. I think I'll leave it where it is.

Shit, I just previewed this crap & came up with that title. I hate rambling.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Moviequill said...

I am fairly new to Blogging (only a few months) and I haven't had one incident of bad behavior in my Blog (besides my own I mean). Personally if I am going to spend some free time taking a writing break and web surf, I'd much rather peruse and hang out at my fellow writer's blogs, so welcome to my bunch of guys n gals...

3:58 PM  
Blogger TN_Dreamer said...

hey, that's sweet. I know they meant well & gave their advice bc they've been there, but sometimes you have to find your own way. It's like your blog about outlines/treatments. If something works for you, then why can't you have a different method? (Also, it's more difficult to communicate without body language, so easy to offend.) & I agree with you about hanging out at blogs. I'd much rather talk about film & screenwriting with other writers than with some of the people on the imdb (which I did before I found the scribosphere &, man, trying to converse with people who just had no clue drove me nuts).

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home