Dreaming in Tennessee

Anecdotes, general musings, and registered work from a wannabe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Monday, July 11, 2005

Blogging Virgin, Almost (kinda like high school, where it only counts if you mean it)

Woo-Hoo! Just started blogging on other sites for about a week or two now & so I started this site today. For a variety of reasons, really.

The main reason is that I'm trying to motivate myself into completing my first screenplay. (I know, I know. I sound just like another loser-Hollywood-wannabe who will never even complete 20 pgs of some shitty derivative screenplay. Maybe I am. We'll see, won't we?) So far, the only things I've written have been poems & short stories, mostly during my college days as I tried to figure out what the hell I wanted to do for the rest of my life. (How is anyone supposed to know that at 20? GOD, I considered a day well spent if I managed to get out of bed before noon & attend at least 1 of my 3-4 classes that day. Of course, that might explain why it took me 5 1/2 yrs to graduate.) If I can figure out how to use them, I'm going to steal David Anaxagoras' progress bars tonight, just in case I start to procrastinate. ("Just in case?" Yeah, ok.)

Since I'm a baby writer, I'm also going to use this site to post my work. Feel free to comment/email me on your criticism. Honesty is most appreciated, even if you think I suck. If you're a writer yourself, helpful insight on how to become a better writer is appreciated even more, especially if you think I suck.

So (after I get this thing constructed), take a look around. Hopefully, it's better than going to the dentist. (ok, hopefully, a lot better. maybe more like going to the movies. ooooooooh, maybe like going to a movie premiere, where you can meet and greet with all the A-listers who'll look at you with total derision the minute you say the words "autograph" or "screenplay" & then call security & get your ass thrown out with the rest of the wannabes. ...ok, maybe not.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home